Monday, June 13, 2011

Tomorrow Is Another Day

"Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up." -Unknown

So yesterday wasn't bad.  I had the kitchen cleaned in the morning, fixed my children pancakes and cleaned up the house.  I fixed lunch and dinner.  I washed, dried and put away most of the laundry.  I tended to my sick little boy and managed to keep my baby happy.  I didn't accomplish everything on my list because I was distracted by the television.  Ah well, such is life.  Tomorrow is a clean slate.

I know I will never accomplish my goals by not focusing on them.  This is a rut that I have been stuck in for quite sometime and I need to give myself a bit of understanding that it will take some time to break free from.  But I do not want that to be an excuse to let myself continue to do what I have been doing.  Because if I do that, I will continue to get what I have been getting.  And that is not what I want.

"Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it." -Unknown
This week I was able to take time to refresh and enjoy the company of a good friend, spend time with my family, and even found a house that my husband and I are putting an offer on.  Tomorrow I will conquer the challenges I have been facing as a homemaker.  I will get all of the laundry cleaned and put away, the kitchen cleaned and the floor mopped and the rest of the house vacuumed.  I will start my daughter in her second grade courses today.  I will make a list first thing in the morning of what I wish to accomplish in the day, and using the advice of my sister, the list must fit on my sticky note.  If it does not fit, it will have to be done another day because there is simply not enough time in one day to accomplish everything I wish to.

~Leetah

1 comment: